Today: Top 10 best Rosewood Hotels & Resorts in the world
Rosewood is one of my favorite hotel brands in the world. The Rosewood story began in 1979 when a historic mansion in Dallas, Texas, was transformed into an acclaimed, world-class restaurant and hotel – The Mansion on Turtle Creek – whose success was the blueprint for all subsequent Rosewood hotels and resorts. Today, Rosewood manages a distinctive collection of highly individual, luxurious, residential-style hotels across the globe, including world-famous properties such as The Carlyle in New York and Hôtel de Crillon in Paris. Led by a team of seasoned industry veterans, Rosewood’s acclaimed attention to detail, proactive approach to environmental sustainability and dedication to relationship hospitality has earned the group numerous awards and accolades. Each property delivers a one-of-a-kind ambience and style, in which location, culture, history and geography are part of the fabric of the hotel, reflecting the company’s “Sense of Place” philosophy. Here’s my selection of the 10 best Rosewood Hotels and Resorts in the world.
What is your favorite Rosewood Hotel? Leave a comment.
Set near Covent Garden, Rosewood London is an ideal base for experiencing the exhilarating British capital. Blending English heritage with contemporary sophistication, the palatial building that houses the hotel has been sensitively renovated to create an ultra-luxurious hotel with the ambience of a stylish London residence. On arrival, an arch in the hotel’s grand façade draws one into a tranquil courtyard, where the hum of the city slips away, replaced by an atmosphere of quiet sophistication and unsurpassed hospitality. Equally suited to business, leisure, and family travel, the hotel’s beautifully appointed accommodations are among the most spacious in the city and include 45 unique luxury suites and houses enhanced with personalized butler service.
- Hotel website: The Rosewood London
- Other accolades: The Rosewood London also features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotels in London.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g.room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, and $100 USD hotel credit).
- Review: read my review of The Rosewood London here.
At an exquisite location along a 600 m (2000 ft) beachfront at Emerald Bay, Rosewood Phuket is a tropical beach hideaway akin to an ideal ocean village. Innovative design with subtle Thai influences blends organically into a lush natural landscape, while sun-weathered shores and glistening, crystalline waters help celebrate luxury island living. Featuring 71 pavilions and villas, the resort offers a secluded island escape and celebration of the brand’s ‘A Sense of Place’ philosophy, taking inspiration from the natural landscape, diverse cultures and unique sensibilities of this distinctive southern isle.
- Hotel website: Rosewood Phuket
- Other accolades: Rosewood Phuket also features in my top 10 lists of the best hotels in Thailand of the best resorts in Phuket.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. villa upgrade, breakfast, early check-in , late check-out,’ a Sense of Place’ amenity and greeting card from management, and $100 USD food & beverage credit).
- Review: read my review of Rosewood Phuket here.
Rosewood Sao Paulo is Brazil’s newest hotspot, and it’s buzzing with personality. Occupying a historic former hospital, Matarazzo Maternity, as well as a striking new vertical garden tower, the hotel is a love letter to Brazil, with a majority of the design materials both locally sourced and inspired by the country’s diverse culture. The hotel’s 160 Philippe Starck-designed rooms and suites showcase commissioned works by local artists complemented by modern amenities like marble bathrooms and rain showers. The four onsite restaurants, including Taraz helmed by acclaimed Chef Felipe Bronze serve sophisticated bites throughout the day. And on the rooftop, you’ll find an infinity pool with bespoke handcrafted tiles and views overlooking the city’s tranquil parks and tree-lined avenues.
- Hotel website: Rosewood Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. villa upgrade, breakfast, early check-in , late check-out, and $100 USD resort credit).
The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel has been a timeless classic since its debut in 1930. The hotel features 190 rooms, including 73 suites, with views of Central Park and the Manhattan skyline. Romantic dining awaits guests in The Carlyle Restaurant, while legendary entertainers create the quintessential New York cabaret experience at Café Carlyle. Additionally, Bemelmans Bar is a favorite hideaway for both locals and visitors. The Carlyle is surrounded by galleries and designer boutiques on Madison Avenue. Blocks from the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Guggenheim, and the Frick, the hotel also is within easy reach of the world-famous Museum Mile. The property was recently completely refurbished.
- Hotel website: The Carlyle, a Rosewood Hotel
- Other accolades: The Carlyle, a Rosewood Hotel, also features in my top 10 list of the best hotels in New York.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, welcome amenity, and $100 USD spa credit).
The ultraluxury Rosewood Mayakoba unveiled a fresh, modern design to all 129 suites in late 2019 after an extensive, multimillion-dollar renovation. This AAA Five Diamond and Forbes Five Star resort is situated amid tranquil lagoons, lush mangroves, and white-sand beaches. Its oversize accommodations feature private plunge pools, and the resort offers an exclusive collection of Private Residences, six swimming pools, and Sense spa located on a private island. Upon arrival, guests are transported by boat through lagoons or by golf cart to their suite, where their butler awaits. Guests also enjoy access to the El Camaleón championship golf course.
- Hotel website: Rosewood Mayakoba
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, and $100 USD resort credit).
Rosewood Little Dix Bay is situated on one of the Caribbean’s finest shorelines – beyond a colorful barrier reef, where gentle blue waters meet the powder-white sands of a stunning half-mile crescent beach. The luxury Caribbean resort is surrounded by the untamed wilderness of Virgin Gorda, an island of volcanic origin featuring rugged hills, quiet coves and unspoiled beaches. The iconic property was founded by Laurance S. Rockefeller over 50 years ago. The resort recently reopened following a complete redesign of the property’s glamorous guestrooms and suites, its three restaurants and overall enhancements to the resort’s gardens and landscaping.
- Hotel website: Rosewood Little Dix Bay
- Other accolades: Rosewood Little Dix Bay also features in my top 10 list of the best resorts in the Caribbean.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast, early check in, late check out, and $100 USD resort credit).
One of the oldest and best-preserved luxury hotels in Italy’s Tuscany region, Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco is located in Montalcino, Tuscany, in the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Val d’Orcia. Surrounded by rolling wooded hills, extensive vineyards and farmland dotted with ancient farmhouses, Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco offers its guests and members the chance to immerse themselves in the beauty of this authentic corner of Tuscany, in a setting of unparalleled elegance and refinement. The property is ennobled by eight centuries of history and offers 23 suites and eleven luxury villas, as well as a private golf course, spa, winery and vineyards.
- Hotel website: Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco
- Other accolades: Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco also features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotels in Italy.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, $100 USD resort credit, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast for two, and one dinner for guests staying in a villa, delivered in the villa on the arrival day).
Originally built in 1758, Hôtel de Crillon enjoys an unrivaled position overlooking Place de la Concorde. The property reopened in 2018 as a Rosewood Hotel after undergoing an extensive four-year restoration, its past providing a rich backdrop for its modern-day story. During the hotel’s closure, master craftsmen, artisans and designers worked tirelessly to strike a deliberate and delicate balance between conservation and transformation. The hotel’s 78 rooms, 36 suites and 10 signature suites embody a residential style that is equally warm and refined. The renowned late designer Karl Lagerfeld has decorated two exceptional suites called “Les Grands Appartements”, which convey his personal and artistic vision of French chic and modernity. Hôtel de Crillon also features fine dining venues, a lovely swimming pool area, and an intimate spa.
- Hotel website: Hôtel de Crillon, a Rosewood Hotel
- Other accolades: Hôtel De Crillon, a Rosewood Hotel, features in my top 10 list of the best luxury hotels in Paris.
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks with Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, daily breakfast for two, confirmed 10am check-in/4pm check-out, and $100 USD food & beverage or spa credit).
- Review: read my review of Hôtel De Crillon, a Rosewood Hotel, here.
Soaring over Victoria Harbour, Rosewood Hong Kong is the new center of gravity on the Kowloon waterfront and the crown jewel of the Victoria Dockside arts and design district. On passing the gate and traversing the cobblestoned drive, the urban din falls away, revealing lush topiary and a serene forecourt that commands the harbor. Occupying 43 floors of a multi-use tower, the ultra-luxury hotel offers 413 guestrooms, ten dining options, a fitness center, swimming pool and the first urban setting for Asaya, Rosewood’s innovative holistic wellness concept. The Manor Club executive lounge provides an array of exclusive privileges for its guests and The Pavilion introduces to Hong Kong Rosewood’s signature, high-end residential-style meeting and event spaces.
- Hotel website: Rosewood Hong Kong
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, and $100 USD resort credit).
Offering “the windows to paradise,” Las Ventanas al Paraíso, A Rosewood Resort sets the standard for beach-front luxury in Mexico’s Los Cabos area. Every accommodation is a spacious suite, complete with a marble shower, conchuela limestone floors, and a telescope for viewing the night sky. The Signature Beachfront and Oceanview Villas are steps from the legendary Sea of Cortés. From private, infinity-edge pools to the expansive bathroom, with its steam and rainhead shower and infinity bathtub for two, this authentic Mexican villa awakens all senses to the wonders of this private paradise. Don’t miss the recently added beach cabanas with private Jacuzzis.
- Hotel website: Las Ventanas Al Paraiso
- Tip: get complimentary VIP perks when booking via Virtuoso (e.g. room upgrade, early check-in, late check-out, daily breakfast, an Oasis Margarita & Taco Sampler Experience from Taqueria, and $100 USD resort credit).