Laos is fully open for travel. Fully vaccinated travellers enjoy no quarantine, no testing and no travel restrictions while unvaccinated travellers only need to take a rapid ATK test within 48h of departure to Laos and show the results upon arrival to enjoy the same ease of entry. Everything else including visas and entry returns to pre-covid norms, although visa on arrivals are now charged at $40USD per person.
Furthermore, Flights between Luang Prabang and Bangkok have recently resumed for the first time since COVID began.
Please find details of the full reopening below.
Who is Eligible?
All travellers regardless of vaccination status may enter Laos quarantine free.
- Be fully vaccinated no less than 14 days prior to arrival to avoid testing by air, boat or land.
- Visas as normal pre-covid: Citizens of countries that do not have a visa waiver agreement with Laos can apply for a visa at a Lao embassy or consulate abroad or via the e-Visa online system. Visa on arrivals have also been reinstated for $40USD per person. Go here for Laos visas.
- Flights between Bangkok and Luang Prabang are operating every Monday, Wednesday and Friday via flight QV 663 and QV 634. In October, more flights will be available between Luang Prabang and Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hanoi and Siem Reap.
- Visitors can enter Laos by air, water or by land as-normal before COVID
- Vaccinated travellers: must present proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in English and certified by an authorized health agency
- Unvaccinated travellers: must present proof of a rapid antigen test (ATK) examination with negative results of COVID-19 in English within 48 hours prior to arrival in Laos.
- eVisas can be used to enter 5 international ports:
- Wattay international Airport (Vientiane)
- Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I (Vientiane)
- Luang Prabang International Airport (Luang Prabang Province)
- Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II (Savannakhet Province)
- Pakse International Airport (Champasak Province)
- Children younger than 12 years of age: are exempt from testing and vaccination requirements.
- Enjoy your holiday!
- Masks recommended in public
- Must have a rapid ATK test performed no more than 48 hours before departure to Laos.
- Show proof of negative results from rapid ATK test before departure
- Free to explore Laos as normal!
We will continue updating this page as details arise. Please watch this space or reach out to our team with questions at: [email protected]